FR44 Insurance Florida Roadmap
While there’s nothing pleasant about a DUI conviction in the State of Florida, how can you make getting your life back on track as simple possible? The FR44 Insurance Florida process shouldn’t be over complicated.
Many people in need of Florida FR44 Insurance have absolutely no idea where to start. Unfortunately the State offers little specific direction and, depending on where you ask, you could get a multitude of different answers. FR44 & SR22 Experts specialize in FR44 Insurance Florida policies and can guide you in the right direction, making the process of having your Driver’s License reinstated a simple one.
How to QUICKLY Get Your Florida Driver’s License Reinstated After a DUI
FR44 Insurance – What Do You Need to Do?
- Attend all classes and pay all fines mandated at your conviction. There are driving schools located throughout Florida. A quick search on Google can show the closest facility to you. These classes are necessary to fulfill the FR44 Insurance Florida requirements.
- Purchase a Florida FR44 insurance policy. There are many different companies that offer this type of insurance. While you may have heard of some of them, there are many niche companies you’ve probably never heard of. All insurance companies are vetted by the State of Florida so we never have to worry about a “fly by night” carrier. We search for the lowest price with a company that is “A” or better rated and we purchase the required 100/300/50 coverage. You can get a FREE quote here.
- Have your certificate filed with the Florida DMV. The certificate, which is what the State of Florida is looking for, is immediately generated and electronically filed. We can also email a copy to you, which you can hand-carry to your closest DMV for instant entry into their system.
- Personally go to the Florida DMV to have your license reinstated. There may be fines due before your Driver’s License can be reinstated. By far the best way to ensure you’re fully compliant with all regulations is to show up at the DMV, FR44 Insurance Florida in hand (your FR44 Certificate).
- Maintain your Florida FR44 insurance for a period of 3 years from your conviction date. If at any point throughout your 3 year time period that you let your insurance lapse, cancel your policy, or allow your policy to become void in any way, the insurance company will report this (by law) to the DMV. The DMV will then suspend your Driver’s License and start your FR44 process all over again! You’ll have to carry FR44 Insurance Florida for an ADDITIONAL 3 years. Do not make this mistake. Do your time, pay your policy, and wait for your 3 years to pass.
FR44 Insurance Florida – Variables
Items to consider that may change the pricing of your FR44 Insurance Florida policy are, but not limited to:
- Do you own a vehicle? There are two separate ways to purchase a Florida FR44; Owner Policy and Non-Owner Policy. An Owner Policy means you have a vehicle you need to cover on the insurance. A Non-Owner Florida FR44 insurance policy allows you to fulfill the requirements of the DMV while not having to insure a vehicle. This is by far the cheapest route to take.
- Do you have a requirement for an Ignition Interlock Device? Upon your DUI conviction you may or may not be required to obtain an Ignition Interlock Device. This is the machine that one must blow in before starting a vehicle and periodically during the course of operating that vehicle. If you do have this requirement, you must have the device installed prior to attempting to have your driver’s license reinstated. NOTE: A FR44 Insurance Florida policy is REQUIRED before the ignition interlock company will install the device. This is a very important part of the process.
- Your age, driving record, and demographics will play a large part in the pricing of your FR44 Insurance Florida policy. Some neighborhoods have higher losses than others. Certain ages are more likely to be involved in accidents. Obviously the worse your driving record, the higher your risk. All of these variables will be factored in as we shop the FR44 Insurance Florida market for your Cheapest options.